KNX IP BAOS 772
The KNX IP BAOS 772 is used as interface to connect to KNX/EIB both on telegram level (KNXnet/IP Tunneling) and on data-point level (KNX Application Layer). BAOS stands for "Bus Access and Object Server". This device can be used with ETS as a programming interface. As ObjectServer the device supports up to 1000 data points. It is possible to connect to KNX/EIB-Bus (telegrams) as well as to data points (communication objects) from everywhere via LAN.Connection over the internet is possible, too. The IP settings as well as the data points can be configured with ETS software. The device requires an external power supply or can alternatively be powered via Power-over-Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) directly from the switch.
For the KNX IP BAOS 772 there are two databases available.
- On the one hand the standard database, where the datapoints and parameters are configured directly,
- on the other hand the database with building structure, where the building structure is configured and the datapoints and parameters are set appositely. The advantage of the last one is, that it is very easy to build an visualization with the webservices of the KNX IP BAOS 772 because of the structure.
If you need an individual database for your application, please contact us.
For quick and easy integration of BAOS services in your own projects there are two free SDKs available. First, the BAOS Binary SDK, a C + + implementation of the BAOS Binary Protocol. The following systems are supported:
- Mac OS X
- Housing: plastic
- DIN rail mounted device, width: 2 TE
- Learning key for EIB/KNX
- Lerning LED (red)
- Signal LED (green) for EIB/KNX
- Signal LED (green) for LAN
- Medium TP
- Device Model System B
- Max. Communication Objects: 1000
- 10BaseT (10Mbit/s)
- Supported internet protocols ARP, ICMP, IGMP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, DHCP and Auto IP
- KNXnet/IP Protocols: Core, Device Management, Tunneling
- Max. Tunneling Connections: 5
- KNX BAOS Binary Protocol V2.0
- KNX BAOS Web Services (JSON)
- Max. BAOS Connections: 10
- External power supply 12-24V AC or 12-30V DC
- Alternative: 'Power-over-Ethernet'
- Power consumption: < 800 mW
- EIB/KNX connector
- LAN RJ-45 socket
- Screw connector for power supply